Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Things i probably should mention

First off- just wanted to say thank you for the comments i recieved on my last blog posting- they meant a lot to me. I have to admit that this technology thing never ceases to amaze me. I also have to admit that sometimes i am really impressed when i found out that people actually read my blog. Who knew?


At any rate.. i realized that i forgot to mention there was a 5 minute radio piece on NPR the other month about Soft Power Health. I know some of you heard it, but for those who didn't here is the link, should you be interested.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92705089

i havent heard it myself yet, (slow internet), but have been told it is interesting. The piece is the result of a journalist Stepfanie Jackman (i believe) who was out here in March for 5 days, interviewing jessie, annie, morgan and myself, as well as volunteering.

Second thing to mention- check out Will Clarks blog- http://www.thenileprogression.blogspot.com/ - Will is one of three of my friends here in Uganda who have invested in the Sipi River Lodge, up in Sipi Falls, in Eastern Uganda. The boys have put a ton of work into the place, and it looks amazing. I just got back from a two day stint up there- very enjoyable. I believe Will has posted some photos and updates from the lodge, so check them out.

Third- My friend Sam Ward has completed two Love it Live it trips in Uganda thus far- with great success. The second trip was so successful that two of his clients extended their tickets and decided to stay longer in Uganda, thanks to a lot of fun and hard work and a new found confidence on the river. Sam and Will leave next wednesday for another trip down to the Zambeizi- lots of excitement there- and will run another trip or two in uganda in september- for anyone who is interested. Check out sams blog, http://www.loveitlivenews.blogspot.com/ for more updates and information there. I have to say, the trips look like great fun, and both boys are incredible coaches, and i hope to work with them at somepoint in the future.

If anyone would be interested in a future ladies who love it live it trip- here in uganda or else where- please let me know!

thats about all for now..

take care, and ill see you in a month!

No comments: