Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Uganda or Bust

Its hard to believe, but i head out tomorrow evening. I've definatley been less strssed as i try and get all the last minute details together. Even so, im super excited to finally be going. As great as it has been hanging around Swarthmore the past couple of weeks, im ready to go and do something. Even better, I DO have an arranged ride from the airport to where i am going, which is a definate plus. So things are really starting to fall into place. I am bringing one big suitcase, my kayak (anyone know how to travel internationally with a boat??) and one carry on bag. Here i go, Uganda or Bust. I am flying to London, where i have a 12 hour layover, and will hopefully get to meet up with an old friend. Then, the next night, it is off to Entebbe. After Entebbe, i get to take a three hour taxi ride to Jinja and my new home at the NRE campsite. My trip will look something as follows: (check the maps for the arrows)
As I head out i just want to say thank you again to all of my donors, and please be sure to look for updates.

Welp thats about all ive got, the next time i write it will be from an internet cafe somewhere in Uganda... Time to go finish packing and get this show on the road!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHH!! So excited for you - good luck with the travel. be safe and have lots of fun. i'm excited to keep up with you through your blog!
-ghelli.

Anonymous said...

AHHH!! So excited for you - good luck with the travel. be safe and have lots of fun. i'm excited to keep up with you through your blog!
-ghelli.

Anonymous said...

sorry to excite you....thinking you had three comments and really i just posted one twice....:)