Tuesday, October 16, 2007

countdown: 9 days



after a fun weekend up at Colby, i decided that it is time to get down to business, and start packing. Scary stuff. . Today i spent a large portion of the morning setting up my tent and mosquito nets in the living room in an attempt to figure out the ideal set-up. I still havent figured it out. I have at least three mosquito nets, all of which i guess i will bring to make a game time decision.
the tent i will be living in for the next three months was also one i called home for the past summer- thats right, by the time january is over, i will have spent 7 months, or the better part of a year living in a tent that i cant stand up straight in. (because i am SO tall... ) Here are some pictures of me, and my tent.

So for those of you who have been wondering where, or how i will be living; there is your answer. I am renting a campsite at Nile River Explorers (www.raftafrica.com) for $3/ day- the most economical option. While the campsite is patrolled by security guards, i am stil not sure as to what exactly i am doing for food (i.e.. planning on cooking my own, buying, etc) I am planning on brining my (okay, tony gill's) campstove and some propane, but thats about as far as ive got. I also dont know what i am doing in terms of the WET SEASON- read: extreme weather. Im hoping for the best.. . wish me luck!

1 comment:

Andy Walker said...

So what kind of tent do you have? Can I see it? :-P