Friday, October 5, 2007

its all starting to come together...

so i finally bought my plane ticket, and have an official date of departure. OCTOBER 25th
Whoo hoo.. Its crazy to realize that this is finally happening. All that is left now are all the tedious little details, dealing with bank accounts, packing, running errands. Im sad that im missing the last north country weekend and guide party up in maine, but i did need to take the time to figure everything out.


One of my bigest dilemas thus far has been in regard to packing. Specifically: Do i bring my kayak and kayak gear with me? For those of you who know me, and know uganda, this should come as n o suprise. One, i am terrible at making decisions, even something as small as ordering food, and two: Uganda has some of the best whitewater in the world. It would be a shame not be be able to paddle because i dont have a boat. Yet, at the same time, i am not going to Uganda purely to paddle, though paddleing is why i discovered SPH and a part of why i decided to volunteer there. (it did help that they actually emailed me back) For now, i have decided to bring my paddle gear. worse comes to worse, i get to paddle the famed white nile (eek) I mean, how scary can it be, they teach beginner clinics there??

No comments: