Thursday, April 30, 2009

photographic resume

As I try and put feelers out for the summer season- I had to scrounge around and try and find video/photographic evidence of my "prowess" as a kayaker. Finding photos turned out to be much harder than I originally anticipated, in part because I have a habit of deleting photos of myself that I dislike, especially if they are on other peoples cameras! Also in part because I tend to spend a fair share of my time behind the camera, taking pictures of other people and trying to learn from them. It was also difficult because half the photos of me are on other peoples cameras- stored all over the place, with a fraction of them on my hard drive.

Here are some of the photos that I have found- taken by friends, on the Nile and in Nepal- and a little story with them. I think it shows how hard it can be to get a good shot, timing, lighting, etc... Here are just 8 photos from the past 18 months in a boat.

Im still looking to build the resume, so if you know of any photos- send them my way!



My first time running Kalagala Falls. I think my Dad took this photo- as clearly, i choose to run hard rapids when my parents come to visit me in Africa.

Playing on the Special while Ivan videos. Photo by Morgan Koons. Ivan is a local of the village on the other side of the river from the Hairy Lemon. Sam Ward taught him how to use a video camera to film for him when he practiced, and now pays Ivan's school fees as well.

Running Bujagali Falls. Note that I am slightly too far left. This is one of the rapids that will soon be disapearing on the Nile due to the Dam.

Running Hukapoa Falls on the Sun Kosi in Nepal. Photo by Hayley Segal. This was a fun rapid because all the Nepali girls were on the side scouting and cheering.

Doing a Pan-Am on the Special. Photo by Tara McGraw Moser. This is the day i fell in love with the Project 45.

Blunting on the Special at Sunset. Photo by Will Clark. This is the last day I got to paddle with Will in Uganda before he left for Zambia and I went back to the states.


Blunting on the Special. Photo by Tara McGraw Moser.

The Upper Kali Gandaki- photo by Will Clark. Its hard work being in a 70 lb boat!

1 comment:

Will Clark said...

Last photo is by Anton not me - a few more cool pics of Anna on my blog too...