Wednesday, April 9, 2008

kayak the nile

figured i should put the word out there-

right before i left for rwanda, Jamie Simpson, owner of kayak the nile, (kayak school out here) approached me and offered me a job full time from may through september. After much deliberation- seriously. i know it sounds amazing, and it is... it was a hard decision because there was a lot i was looking forwards to doing and people i was excited to see - and i was just getting excited to come home-- i decided to take the job, which i see as an amazing opportunity, both for my teaching and kayaking skills, and because jamie is a great boss, and i am excited to be working for him.

so its official, at least as of right now- i will be working as a full time kayak the nile instructor this summer, through september when i come home for karl and tara's wedding. i will most likley continue doing a little soft power work on the side as well, esp. trying to put this coloring book in circulation, photos of which i will try and upload soon.

I have decided to keep the blog going as well... so stay posted. plus- it helps me feel a little more connected to you all back home. love and miss you all... and come and visit me!!
a

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna Pauline!
So I guess I'll have to cancel the invitations, crab caterer,and party for your homecoming!
Maybe we'll just keep it as a celebration for your new job!
Congratulations as you paddle to your destiny!
Love,
Mel

coach said...

Anna, Don't let the crocs get you!
coach