Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Nepali Girls Update

The Nepal project looks like it is going well, with a huge debt of thanks owed to Sophie Haskins and the rest of the Kiwi girls. Sophie has done heaps in terms of publicizing Inka's project- she recently started a facebook group that already has 93 members! Sophie and the rest of the Kiwi's have also done a fabulous job of collecting gear for the Nepali ladies, check out their blog www.nepaligirlskayak.blogspot.com for all the details.

Even with all the hard work that the Kiwis have put in, it looks as though the project could still use some help. If you have any old paddle gear- kayaks, paddles, rashguards, drytops, etc... (preferably in size small) I know it would be much appreciated. Contact me, or the kiwi girls to let us know. I myself am plannin on donating two old IR semi-drytops, a helmet, and some rashguards/thermals. It will be a mission to get stuff over there for sure, but thats all part of the fun right? Karl and Tara have also expressed interest in Inka's project, but they are currently tied up with their plans to go to china later this year, so it is hard to say what will happen. For more on their project, check their website. http://china.riversindemand.com/

I have purchased a ticket to Nepal- i leave the 28th of October, immediately after a friends wedding, and giving me time to drop off my absentee ballot to rock the vote. Will leaves for Nepal the 8th, and Anton is already over there. The rest of the Kiwi girls show up the 12th of November, so it will be fun to meet up with everyone before getting down to business.
Thats about all for now, trying hard to earn, not spend everything i have, though its harder then it looks. I am easily distracted and everything costs money here. wish me luck, and please contact either myself or the kiwis if you have gear you are willing to donate. Cheers!

No comments: